Crown and Bough

Thursday 18 May 2017

Today



Seeing // the blue of late evening tinged with fluorescent pink at 9:35 pm at night.  The waxing time of light is so promising.

Smelling // the overpowering scent of hyacinth mixed with tulips on the mantle.  Every time I enter the room, I think of Padre Pio's fragrant wounds.

Hearing // the sound of the washing machine tempered only by the sweet silence of sleeping children at the end of a fulfilling day.

Tasting // shandy from our early afternoon visit to the pub with John--first time I've been in years!  We were free this afternoon for two hours after a canceled appointment (at the manor house-turned-government-offices above) and had nothing on, so we played a few games of pool.

Reading // about the Trinity and the Gospel of John, brushing up on my very shabby Christology for my Bible study with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Writing // in my bullet journal, which is sating my need for creativity in short bursts at the moment.

Remembering // The Confirmation I'd the honor of attending as a sponsor last night.

Loving // the tidiness of the house and my husband for working so hard to clean it today!

Praying // for my Confirmee, for his protection and blessing by Blessed Pier Giorgio, for the Jehovah's Witnesses, for babies looking to be born any day now.

Wishing // for a house on the shore of Anglesey, looking across to the misted mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment