Crown and Bough

Thursday 23 March 2017

March



A two-week virus, including a double ear infection, swallowed half of March.  But there is something sacramental about getting over an illness in the spring.  Your body and the earth have the same sort of fawnish hesitance.  Spring here is bursting with flowers, daffodils especially.  They have different color faces, like the orange ones pictured above, but I think I prefer the ones of pale yellow.

The light-time grows each day by minutes, but a minute at the end of each period of darkness is a lot. New babies are born and are expected.  Saint Patrick and Saint Joseph invite reprieve from (some) fasting.

Lent is slow, and my attempt at rhythm and fasting challenged by long sickness.  It'll take some doing for me to right myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment